Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Play Big Productions - Hot Laps

Thanks again to theangrysnowboarder for uploading this onto his blog first.

Usually, I only take interest in film crews I know of or have watched before. But, somehow, I've never heard of this crew, and what I found from them was simply awesome. They're really keeping the stoke alive, with a real skate/snow feel that demonstrates riding as it is: plain, cooky fun (if I do say so myself).

Something that really caught my attention was that the footage was all filmed from and around Mammoth Mountain, which I have ridden on and had the time of my life doing hot laps Thanksgiving of 2007. Their terrain parks and overall mountain has some of the best stuff I could possibly find to do shit on.

It's really great to see talented locals who are "super star" pros tone it down and film for their home mountains. It kinda feels like their paying their respects to the mountains where they became famous. Now, they're taking the swingshot back and demoing their own mountains. They're adults returning to their old playgrounds.

And Mammoth is a very, very fine playground.
Enjoy.

Hot Laps - Teaser from Flicka Mag on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment