Saturday, May 2, 2009

On a Lighter Side - Terms I Like to Say.

Butter: To tail or nose press on a snowboard and spin at the same time is called a butter. Used in context with the ever popular phrase "buttering the muffin," which means buttering some obstacle (or a slope I guess), preferrable a natural snow boob. Not to be confused with my Negro friend's favorite saying "I'm gonna butter up dem biscuits and sweet buns" which means he's horny.

Steez, steezy, steez machine: One of my favorite words, it refers to a person's style on a snowboard: how they can make snowboarding look. I like to use it to describe tumbling gapers. They have extreme levels of steez.

Ga(y)pers: The guy who sits on a box or rail because he thinks it's a bench or thinks you're on cocaine because the "powder is tight." In other words the beginner on the slope with a serious forehead burn.

Shredding: I only use this term to refer to pow, because I TEAR THAT SHIT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment