Monday, May 4, 2009

The End Of the World as We Know It

Or, at least, as I know it. It's the beginning of the Great, Hot Depression. It's the end of the snowboarding season.

This is the saddest time of the year for me. Really! It is! And it's just the tip of the iceberg as I slowly flubber around the melting ice evaporating into summer. You know, I like to snowboard, and I like my cold weather. Hot weather is, well, bringing me under the weather (haha, see what I did there? *nudge nudge*). All puns aside, I will begin to express my grief of the ending season.

It all starts with a trip to the webcams. I get up, and it's May. That hit my so hard. I've spent well over all of last summer and fall's time contemplating and obsessing over the next season. And that season is over. This is it, this is now, that is in the past. Another year, gone.

Meanwhile, all I can do is immerse myself in 2009 snowboard flicks and skate around pretending I'm a hobo, because that's what the asscannons want to think. Oh yeah, and there's this blogging shit, and rhythm games (I simply have to post about that soon). Lots of options, little compensation for the time lost.

Time is a valuable thing. Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch as I plagarize Linkin Park on this here blog. They had it right, but it never hit me with a hammer until this year. And I think it started with this amazing book I read, "If You Come Softly," (check it out, it's a great read) because, lets face it, its name has good love appeal. But it really made me think how important it was that I spend all my time wisely and never ruin a single moment. It was a senior-aged thought. I was in high school.

Interesting as anything was the swing-a-round. I started as a snowboarder who couldn't wait for time to pass, and now I'm sitting here thinking about the time that's gone and spent. And time never stops spending, I'll always have an out of control drama queen teenager (so to speak) governing my moments spent on Earth. So I'll be dreaming, and waiting, and watching, and playing as time flies right by and sits just out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment