Saturday, May 2, 2009

Burton 2010 Preview (plus a really cool site)

Ah, hate 'em or love 'em, that's the nature of Burton snowboards. Some say they are too much corporate and not enough of a rider's company. I have to agree with that. While I disagree with the way they handle their company and the way they treat they're employees and athletes like strict shit, I have to say they're boards are pretty well made.

Some of them are anyways. I used to love this company. They started the sport of snowboarding (well.. co-founded) and Jake Burton was such a cool dude. The boards did their job and the graphics were tight as XXS shorts.

They got me into snowboarding, and my first board ever was a Burton (punch, 140, 2006 model, I think). Before that, it was the dreaded renting for like... 4 years. Yessir I have to say some of their boards are great and spot on, like the Burton Hero.

I've heard only rave reviews about it (with some issues about the pop...) that this snowboard will play more than a playboy bunny and hold stable at high speeds suprisingly well for a new-fangled (or blast from the past) rocker. This is the board I want and will buy this fall at the bay area snow show. So while drooling over it and obsessively hugging it in my mind, I stumbled upon this really awesome site on google that has images of all the 2010 burton boards, top and bottom.

The only downside is that it's mostly in Japanese, but the links (link descriptions that show up at the bottom) are all in English, so you can navigate semi-successfully throughout the site. This website is really cool, and I advise all of you who actually read this post to go check it out.

Here's the burton 2010 mens' board lineup: 2010 Burton Snowboards Preview

Here's the main website: Side-B blogzine
All credit goes to the fine folks at the above mentioned website. Oh, and check out the Burton Hero LTD. I love the graphics, and if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on one, I'll be sure to write a review on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment