Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why do People Have to be Mean?

Yet another question to start off my blogging. Okay, I admit, I can be mean sometimes, with all my practical joking and exploding whoopie-cushions and whatnot. But I'm not an asscannon who fires assiles at unsuspecting citizens. I'm... not quite sure what that means either.

I am fed up with this pre-conception that all snowboarders and skateboarders are bad. I am fed up with cops, fed up with laws agaisnt skateboarding and snowboarding when there are people being KILLED by mass serial murderers, and fed up with angry asscannon poopoo.

You know, skateboarding was never meant to cause any harm. So why is it that skateboarders and snowboarders alike are being pushed out of the streets. I've been kicked onto the street for skateboarding at PUBLIC parks, and I've been kicked out of the streets that I try to skateboard on. What's left? Crowded skateparks where pads are "required?" Private property? It's like cops are asking for a riot. Well I'm going to speak my mind.

Obviously some spots are private property, such as the staircase leading to a home, or a ledge clearly part of a home's landscaping. Other spots, not so much. A secluded rail in the back of an alley. A tree bonk at a local park. Sewage banks, that's right, even sewage banks are under fire from asscannons and cops. It's perfectly acceptable to walk on these places. Why not skate or snowboard them? Are they really that much of a use to society, or are these people just being arrogant?

Who knew that riding a plank of wood (and fiberglass, urethane, whatever they put into it) could cause so much trouble? Whether on snow or cement, it spells disaster, right? Think about it for a minute. Riding a plank of wood, on snow or cement = harm to society? I don't think not, I know not. Stop with the bullshit, skaters and snowboarders are people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment