Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time to Talk About Nothing

It's that time of the day again, when the sun wakes up and puts on his shoes and coat and goes out to illuminate the world without anything in return. Now the shredding season's over, and I can't get the steeeeez that I so desperately neeeeed. I mean, really, I love snowboarding, but I only get to go around 15 days a year, maybe 20, if I'm lucky. But I'm here, and I'm talking, for the curious internet adventurer and myself.

So lets talk. I like junk food. Love it, everything about it. I'll have junk food any day compared to a mediocre trip out to a restaurant. But I love great food as well. Not necessarily fancy, but food where people take the time to grow it and prepare it; food where people put their soul into it. And somewhere in between is the generic, the mediocre, the food made because it brings home the dough. There's too much of the average, too little of the good stuff.

I guess I'm at opposite ends of the spectrum: the live fast, and the live well. And I will never want to be conglomerated with the average and the ordinary. But I see how many people live on this Earth every flight I take into the sky. It motivates me more to be different: to be myself. That's what snowboarding accomplishes for me.

Never waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment