Thursday, April 30, 2009

Morgan Hill Snowflex Center

Oh my jumpin' jolly god I can't believe it. A snowflex center, the first of it's kind in California, in my own hometown! On top of that, it's like... 5 miles from my house, maybe even less. Boy, sometimes life is great.

Basically, it's an artificial ski-slope stretching around 600-700 feet in length make of the stuff of wonder: Snowflex. This is great stuff (not revolutionary, like real snow is) that will enable us to snowboard or ski all year round. It's an artificial turf like substance that rolls out like carpet and rides like groomers. Never melting, never freezing, but.. never interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I am stoked TO THE MAX (lolface) about this center. I'll get to ride every day after school and weekends for sure. But it makes me ponder if we're becoming too artificial here. The best part of this center is knowing that there's real snow waiting for you somewhere in the mountains. Remember folks, no helping the environment = no more snow.

While it'll never beat powder, it might just beat shredding paper - as in, global warming and what-not. So recycle a little, play a little, and enjoy mother nature the very chance you get to, or you'll never get that time back.

Check em out here: http://www.morganhillsnowflex.com/
Video:

Follow em on Twittah! - follow

No comments:

Post a Comment